Friday, February 4, 2011

In a town that easily reaches degrees breaking 100 in the summertime, we actually had a "snow" day. We are going to use that term loosely because all we really saw was ice. Although it would have been fun to play in the snow, I'm not going to complain because I enjoyed being home with both my boys. Gavin thought it was appropriate to mark the occasion with not just his usual two hats, but rather four.


He was rather proud of his two blueberries and asked me to photograph them. Then he had to check out the picture.


Oh, but that wasn't good enough. He wanted a shot at being the photographer. I warn you, this next photo is an extreme closeup.

It gives you a pretty good look at the chipped tooth he got a few weeks ago.

Lately, I've had it on my heart to start teaching him mini Bible/craft lessons and found this book at our local Christian bookstore. And since we were "snowed" in what better day to start than the present.


I just went for the first lesson, and although the title says it's for ages 2 and 3, the lesson spoke to this almost 29 year old and holding tot. We have some big changes going on and it's nice to know that if God can take care of the sparrows then he can certainly take care of little ol' me.

The idea behind the craft was for Gavin to color the bird and then we would glue birdseed all over it. Well, Mr. Smartypants did not find that acceptable. The birdseed was only going on the bird's beak where he (the bird, not Gavin thankfully, although I had to tell him for the first time not to eat the glue) would eat it. The next photo is not the best quality, but I love the expression on Gavin's face. And if you look closely, you can see the bird eating the one little piece of birdseed.


"Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." Luke 12:7

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful verse, Abby. And a neat book! I'll have to see if I can find it.

    ReplyDelete