Saturday, February 19, 2011

Valentine's Day

So I am almost a week behind in blogging but with the week we've had it's pretty understandable. Last Monday's Valentine's Day was sweet. We kept it pretty low-key and stayed at home. However, it included roses, delicious dinner, a cute two-year old in his new shirts, grandparents, and chocolate truffles that I made from a recipe on Bakerella's website.

Gavin has been into robots lately, so I think he was pretty proud of his new shirt. The robot applique I bought a while back and ironed it on. Then I tried my second attempt at using my sewing machine and sewed around the edges. I found myself asking many times why I picked such a hard piece to sew for one of my first projects. Then I hand embroidered a heart on the robot. I think it's Valentines enough for a boy but he can wear it all year too.



Gavin happened to catch his MeMe and Grandaddy outside so we made it a photo op. The shirt he is wearing I made using this tutorial. It was really easy. I'm thinking Gavin may have several different spring shirts using the same technique.


And let me introduce you to my Valentine. You may not recognize him with his new haircut. Although the dark picture doesn't show it off that much.

I'm glad he's been my Valentine for the past 11 years. Love ya' hunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment