Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mr. Ed on Steroids

You talking to me?
Yea you!
To say standing next to these giant beasts was scary is a complete understatement. I tried to act calm, but secretly I was wondering why Gavin was the only one being held. Ten of the Clydesdale horses were only staying in town for a few nights to be crowd pleasers at a couple of Mardis Gras parades and surprisingly not attending the Rodeo which also happened to be going on at the same time. So, when the ranch owners said sure, just go over and pet them, I don't know if they meant to actually go in the fenced area.
And while I knew Clydesdales were large, I had no idea until we were staring eye to nostril with these guys. To say they are twice the size of a normal horse is a bit of an exaggeration, but they are probably at least a third larger. I was certainly relying on my mother-in-law's skilled horsemanship to come in handy.

At this point, I was deeply regretting wearing flip flops in a mile vicinity of these clodhoppers. These boots, er hooves were made for more than just walking.

Next time I might just have to take a zoom lens or better yet, hang out with Brady the dalmatian.

No comments:

Post a Comment