Thursday, September 15, 2011

What Happened Wednesdays

This blog post should be alternately posted, What Happened to 'What Happened Wednesdays?" Our Internet and editing program has been out for most of the past two days, so I'm a little late in posting.

For this week, I thought I would post how we shared the news with our parents that we were having a little girl. It's hard for us to just the reveal the news over the phone. Ideally, I would have loved to have a gender reveal party, but the circumstances did not work out. I had it all dreamed in my head, everyone would come over wearing a pink or blue shirt depicting their answer to what we were having. We would serve all sorts of pink/blue treats and cut open a cake with either a blue or pink filling to reveal the gender. Maybe next time, if there should be a baby number three.

Since we obviously were not going to have this party, we brainstormed and came up providing our parents pink and blue gift bags. They could pick which color bag to open with each bag containing an item that would obviously be the answer or not.

Since we found out we were having a girl, it worked out quite nicely. After our ultrasound, we stopped by the local baby store and picked up a shirt for Gavin and a cute little dress for a girl. I put Gavin's shirt in the pink bag and baby girl's dress in the blue bag. My plan worked out perfectly as both sets of parents both chose the pink bag each time, but little did they know the blue bag held the answer.


Thankfully they realized that what they opened up was a gift for Gavin in the pink bag. However, they still did not know if the blue bag contained something pink or blue. I think they were all excited to pull out a dress from the blue bag. Although they would have been excited either way.



My mother-in-law had just had foot surgery, but that didn't stop her from jumping up and down.


I was planning on posting scanned pictures of our sweet pea, but our computer literally started smoking. Talk about tech issues this week!

1 comment:

  1. I love your reveal idea!! Philip & I are so excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete