Monday, March 26, 2012

3 Months Old

It's nice that you are starting to hold your head up better without sliding all over the place when I take your pictures. I usually have a four second window to snap some pictures before your daddy has to rescue you.

Sweet Ava or Ava Grace Grace (not a typo) as your brother calls you, you definitely grace our lives with your presence. Your little personality is coming out more each day and we are over the moon about all of the sweet smiles you give us. You have even started laughing a little and cooing more. You certainly had your great grandparents attention.


I think it's official that you are now teething. There are constantly little bubbles coming from your mouth and you will gnaw on anything - the blanket, our fingers. Your poor little gums are so swollen. I think you are going through this stage a wee bit sooner than your brother.


I estimate you weigh about 13 pounds. Your long torso and skinny waist make dressing you somewhat challenging. You are mostly in 3 month clothing but I have put you in a couple of 6 month outfits especially when it comes to footed sleepers. Dresses work great because they are long enough and we don't have to worry about the waist fitting. It seems like you skipped right through size one diapers and are very comfy in your size twos.

You are doing awesome on you night schedule. I generally put you down around 10:30 or 11 and you sleep until about 5:30. However the past few days you have been sleeping until 6:30 and even 7:45 today! When you were waking up at 5:30, I would feed you and put you right back down for you to sleep until 9:00. I just wish you would sleep as well during the day. I have to pull out all of the tricks from the bouncer to the swing. If we are running errands you sleep great in your car seat.

Your eyes are still blue and your hair definitely has a red tint to it in the sunlight. It will be interesting to see what color it is when it starts filling in.


Your favorite game is patty cake. It elicits the most smiles and laughs so you can be sure we play it many times a day. You have been in the nursery twice now and have done so well. Yesterday, the ladies said you were so sweet. One of them also commented on how long you are.


Sweet girl, if someone asked me if I thought I would ever have a 3 month old and a 3 year old, I would have told them I hope so. Well, you and your brother are more than I could ever have hoped for.

No comments:

Post a Comment