Thursday, March 22, 2012

Seeing Green

Top o' the mornin' to ya.


Since I can truly lay claim that I am part Irish from my dad's side (my grandfather was Irish and even nicknamed "Red" for his red hair) we celebrated St. Patty's Day or Paddy as it's supposed to be. Hunny just celebrates it for the fun of it.


Gavin has been asking me to make cinnamon rolls for weeks so I finally caved in and made them for breakfast with green icing. He also got leprechaun milk (green food coloring in his milk). The day before I took this rainbow fruit tray to my parents. I think it was a hit because there roughly five pieces of fruit left.


Hunny made an oh so yummy pork loin with an apple and potato stuffing along with potato soup. I made Irish soda bread and Irish potatoe candy. This candy is our little treat we first had in Philadelphia five years ago. It's basically cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and coconut mixed together and rolled in cinnamon. I only made a fourth of the batch this time to keep from eating a whole plate of them.


And to burn off all of that yummy food, we collapsed on the floor and took pictures. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment