Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Zoo Day

This must be a record for me to actually blog about something we did the same day. It will probably be Gavin's fifth birthday before I get to blog about his fourth. Anyways, today we took a trip to the zoo along with other moms and kiddos from our Sunday School class. It was truly a beautiful day and surprisingly not crowded.


This was Ava's first trip and I think she looked pretty thrilled to be here. In fact, she did really well for not taking a morning nap. Let's just say all three of us crashed when we got home.

 

I'm fairly certain this same seal statue has been here since I was a little girl. 


Gavin and his friend Emily had so much fun. He thanked God today for having fun at the zoo and getting to play with Ava and Emily. So Sweet!

 

That's my favorite animal.

 

 And here I am with my other two favorite animals people.


The zoo has grown quite a bit since we were there last. The new addition is the African Forest and for a certain (overpriced) fee, you can feed the giraffes lettuce. When Gavin was one years old, we did this at a zoo in Florida where you pretty much had free reign, but at the Houston zoo it felt a little like the giraffes had an army of zoo bodyguards. I think Gav still enjoyed himself.


And this little one enjoyed herself so much she finally conked out on the ride back to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment