Tuesday, January 8, 2013

12 Months Old

I couldn't write about Ava's first eleven months and not finish off the year. I even have her 12 month pictures just like the others but man, Christmas, birthdays, New Years, and recovery can take a lot out of a person. We started back in our routine yesterday, and while I enjoyed some pj and movie watching days, it was nice to get back to some sense of "normal."

Well, without further adieu, here you are my darling little one year old.



I was filling out some information for our Sunday School class and when I had to classify the ages of my children, I was really hesitant to put toddler down instead of infant. A tear may have dropped down my cheek. Here you are at one, three, six, nine and 12 months. My, how you have changed!





   


Ava Grace, you make us laugh so much. There's nothing sweeter than when you and your brother start laughing at each other. You have such a sweet, fun-loving personality, but we also see snippets of that fiery personality. Just this week, I was moving you away from some things you shouldn't be into, and you let me know you were not happy about it.


Your one year check up went well. You weigh 17 pounds and 11 ounces and are 28 inches long, I think. I may need to confirm that. Interestingly, you have dropped from the 95% for height to about the 15% and are about the 5% for weight. The doctor said you were probably just averaging out. You are wearing 12 month clothes although the waist on most clothes is big.


You are so close to walking. In fact, you have taken a few steps but have yet to take off. You can stand straight up without holding onto anything and you will walk along furniture. You climb our stairs like a champ with Mommy or Daddy right behind you.


Your MeMe taught you how to blow a bubble which cracks us up, and your Daddy loves it when you give a high five. Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star remains your favorite song and you get so excited when you see your soft bunny rabbit.


Sweet girl, we love you so much. As you join this new phase of life called toddlerhood, I am a bit sad but so excited to see what God has in store for you. Love you to the moon and back and more. Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment