Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Luck of the Irish

I've been meaning to post this blog for quite some time- I guess two weeks would qualify as "some time". Two Sundays ago, the family got to enjoy some time together at the Houston International Festival compliments of my dad. And as luck would have it, they were featuring Ireland this year.

One of my grandfathers was part Irish for sure and D. probably has some Irish in him, so we thought we would pay tribute to our heritage and show G. some of his background.

At four months old, he already looked like he could play the part.


Six months have passed. G. has changed considerably and I've had to let the little bit of sewing out on his hat that I did when he first wore it those many months ago. No, it's not a typo. I did sew. ***And guess what! I just found my early Mother's Day present. It's a sewing machine built into a cabinet. I'm so excited since I've been wanting to learn to sew for quite some time. Yea!!


Luck may not have been with us after all because it threatened to rain all day and we even encountered a few showers. That's okay because we had the help of not one keeper of the umbrella but three.


Here's some folks feeling at liberty to soak their feet in City Hall's reflection pool.

I could see these dancers needing a little foot soothing action, but I'm not sure about those other people.

Oh well, me and G. enjoyed watching.

And I couldn't help but post this picture of G.'s cute flip flops. Girls have almost all of the cute accessories, so why not show off some cute boy shoes when we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment