Monday, September 13, 2010

What a Teacher Looks Like

The other day, someone asked me what I do and I replied that I was a kindergarten teacher. The response I received was one that I have heard more than once- "You look like a teacher."

Now let me pause to say, "What in the world does that mean?" I looked down to survey my wardrobe. No denim jumper. Check. No apples or school houses appliqued to my outfit. Check.

Do these people realize that I had a career in the corporate world that latest longer than the four years I have been a teacher? Would the suits and high heels give away the fact that I wasn't a teacher then or did I still have that teacherish quality when I had meetings in the board room?

Some days I begin to believe I am a teacher but others I wonder if I am playing a part. Being the student that I am, did I just study and learn how to be a teacher through books and observation or is it really in me? Time may only tell.

Check back tomorrow to see pictures of where I now conduct my meetings. The scenery is a little different from the board room.

No comments:

Post a Comment