Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Books

Because Christmas is upon us and I've been rushing around like a mad woman getting everything done in order not to be a mad woman (makes perfect sense, right?), my little blog has yet again been neglected. I thought perhaps, I could share the books that we have been reading each night with the wee one.

Gavin has enough Christmas books to maybe read twice over the 25 days leading up to Christmas. Some would only have to be read once. So, each night he picks out two for me and D to read to him. I'm trying to hide those that get read in order to read a different one each night.

Tonight just so happens to be two musical books. The first was the traditional Frosty the Snowman.


The book is written strictly by the words of the song. Gavin especially likes the "thumpety, thump, thump" part, complete with words and head bop.

The other book we read was Silent Night.

I knew there were other verses, but I had no idea just how many. In this book, Gavin pushes the star and it plays the tune. The poor little star is struggling at this point and doesn't completely finish the song before it dies down.

We're are loving this bedtime routine. After Christmas, I'll pack up all of the Christmas books for next year so they will be fresh and new. Hopefully, I'll get to post a few more of the books we read in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment