Friday, June 24, 2011

12 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 12 Weeks

Size of baby: About 2.1 inches - the size of a plum - and weighs around .49 oz. It looks like my belly button is poking out in this picture but it's actually the drawstring on my exercise pants!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I have actually lost six pounds, but I did the same thing with Gavin and more than gained it back.

Maternity Clothes: Not yet.

Gender: Hopefully we will find out in five or six more weeks. Gavin thinks it is a girl.

Movement: None yet but sometimes I feel a flutter and wonder.

Sleep: Now that school is out, I am more than making up for lost sleep. It’s a good thing for afternoon naps because I have been waking up around 3:30 in the morning lately. I am making that trek to the restroom and having a hard time falling back to sleep until about 6 a.m.

What I miss: Having more energy and not having so many food aversions. I am also having trouble breathing through my nose. I almost forgot- Diet Dr. Pepper!

Cravings: Sometimes cold things, but most of the time nothing sounds good. And chicken might as well be liver because I can’t stomach it at all. They say every pregnancy is different and boy is this one! With Gavin I craved sausage and beef. Right now I might as well be a vegetarian.

Symptoms: Most definitely nauseousness and I have had some sciatic nerve pain already.

Best Moment the past few weeks: Getting to see how much our sweet pea changed in just four weeks on the sonogram and hearing a very healthy heartbeat.

Fun Fact: My actual due date is January 6. However, Gavin was ten days early so it’s possible to have a baby in 2011 or 2012.

1 comment: