Saturday, December 10, 2011

36 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 36 Weeks

I finally took a picture and man, have I grown in the last few weeks.



Size of Baby: About 18.75 inches - the size of a crenshaw melon and weighs around 5.75 pounds. At the ultrasound we had yesterday, they told us baby girl is actually estimated to weigh 6 pounds, nine ounces already. I'm a little nervous that since Gavin was an eight pound baby (at ten days early) this one may be as well.

Maternity Clothes: Just about all maternity. I'm wishing I would have expanded my maternity shirt wardrobe just a bit because I realize they are definitely longer than regular shirts. With less than four weeks to go, I am a little stubborn about buying anything else though. I'll just keep rotating those things that do work.

Gender: It's a GIRL! At the ultrasound before last, they technician said it was "probably a girl" so we made sure to ask again this time and the technician said it was. I was glad not to hear the "probably" part.

Movement: I'm feeling more deliberate and stronger moves lately. She definitely responds when I drink something cold. She is head down so I am getting a few kicks in the ribs.

Sleep: I am officially waking up just about every two hours. It's funny how your body prepares you for nightly feedings.

What I miss: Getting around without huffing and puffing, picking things up off the floor, and a good night's sleep.

Cravings: Nothing in particular.

Best Moment of the Week: Seeing baby girl at the ultrasound which will probably be the last time before we get to hold her. She looked a little squished in there. Big brother got to go with us. Since the technicians won't really tell you how she is doing, I'll have to wait until my appointment on Wednesday which are now weekly.

We also have her room about 90% finished with just few last minute touches left to be done. I also need to get in gear and finish wrapping Christmas presents. I would really like to have that done in case she decides to come early. My doctor told me at last week's appointment that if she were to come now, everything would be fine although she would like for me to make it to at least 37 weeks. With only five days to go, I think we will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment