Friday, September 11, 2009

Illuminating

I think we have a genius on our hands. When we ask Gavin where the light is, he points up to the lit ceiling fan. Aw, it just makes a parent proud. But for all I know, other kids his age may have been doing this for months. Or, maybe they aren't expected to do this till they're two. I don't know. I haven't been keeping up with my weekly toddler updates.

I just know that it's exciting to see Gavin learn something new, something as simple as pointing to the light. It's not exactly something I feel like I have been doing much of lately. I know we're called to be lights of the world, a city on the hill, but right now my light feels a little dim, a flicker if you may. Life catches up and poof, what once was a blaze is now barely smoldering. There's such a simple solution except I can't get it through this crazy head of mine to re-prioritize and seize those quiet moments with God.

Fire needs oxygen; God breathes life; I need the breathe of God in my life to be a light. Simple right? Let' just say I need to get a fire lit under me.

No comments:

Post a Comment