Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankfully Joyous Thursdays Week #1

Today kicks off the first ever Thankfully Joyous Thursday post. If you’re not sure what I’m talking about, read yesterday's blog. It will tell you more about why I decided to do these weekly posts from now until New Years Eve, but basically I want to carry over the attitude of being thankful from now until I'm ringing in 2010. Really, I have multitudes of reasons to be thankful every day for the rest of my life without ever repeating myself.

And yesterday reminded me that I am thankfully joyous for the women in my life. See these four females.
While they’re having a twenty-minute Thanksgiving dressing debate over adding extra sodium to the mix, I am reminded about why I am blessed to call them family. Not only do a certain grandmother’s one line quips crack me up and elicit, “I can’t believe you said that” looks from others, but each of them holds such unique and wonderful qualities- courage, creativity, humility, tenderness, and wisdom beyond belief. We missed you dearly Nessa and Brandy.

Then there are these ladies. While they may not be blood relatives, God decided to make them love relatives thanks to marrying D. more than seven years ago. I have enjoyed the warm embraces, teasing, creativity and laughter more than they will know.


Thanks Me Me for letting me tag along on your run this morning. I hope I didn't hold you back too much. It's hard keeping up with a World Champion!

No comments:

Post a Comment