Friday, May 21, 2010

Bucket List

I bought these plastic tubs recently in hopes to use them for Gavin's upcoming birthday. He has already gotten a lot of use out of those $2.50 buckets. He's just the right size to fit inside.
They're perfect for wearing formal wear.
Playing with friends
You can even store things like blocks in the bucket and then sit on them.

Coincidentally enough D and I were talking about our bucket lists the other day. The 2007 movie The Bucket List starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman probably does better justice to the term, but basically it's referring to a list of everything a person wants to do before they kick the bucket.

Some of the things we can already cross off our list. There's the usual suspects - get married, have a family and the not so usual - pet a tiger (me), travel in Europe. D is still waiting to swim with the Great Whites.

However, there was one thing that both D and I want to do but haven't- ride in a hot air balloon. Actually, it sounds like a great idea to me now, but I have a feeling that I might not be so enthused once we take off and are miles in the sky.

While it's nice to dream and plan, living in the present usually takes the cake. Who knew you could have so much fun playing peekaboo with a plastic bucket?

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if you could work something out when the balloon festival is in Clear Lake in October? Stu has done it in New Mexico and loved it!

    ReplyDelete