Wednesday, June 17, 2009

June 17, 2008


That's the date you breathed your first breathe, but it's not the first time you brought joy into mine and your Daddy's hearts. That would be from the first day we knew we were having you. You came into this world under the canopy of a beautiful moon with narrowly a few minutes to spare of being born the next day. To express how much we have been blessed this year as well as how much we love you, your Daddy and I each wrote you a letter. Here's a couple of excerpts:

"Hey Gavin, I cannot believe you are about to turn one. When I found out that I was going to be a dad, my heart was filled even more than I thought it could be. I see your fun-loving personality and sweet demeanor and wonder what you will become. I hope and pray that you will become a godlier man than me. I hope and pray that you will be more giving than me. I hope and pray that one day you will become a better father than me. I hope and pray that you will find your way through life and that your mom and I will be part of that.... Take care Gavin, and know that I love you so much no matter what!" Daddy

"Gavin Liam - Oh, how you captured mine and your Daddy's hearts from the get go. You may be on the smaller side for your age, but you make up for it with your larger than life personality.It's neat that at times, people say you look like me and other times, you look just like your Daddy. I think you're a perfect mix of looks and characteristics. One thing is for sure, you are a child who almost always has a smile on your face. The joy you show is passed on to family, friends and stranger alike. I pray that your Daddy and I will be godly role models as you begin to pick up on the things we say and do. We desire for you to love Jesus and to one day know Him as you personal Lord and Savior. May we help sow the seeds now for that harvest time. We love you dearly and this year has brought us so much joy as we watch you grow. Happy Birthday sweet pea!" Mama

There is so much more that could be said about our little guy. We have been truly blessed and can't wait for many more birthdays with you Gavin.

No comments:

Post a Comment