Saturday, June 20, 2009

Life's a Beach

On Gavin's actual birthday, D. and I thought it would be fun to take him to the beach for the first time. First birthday, why not partake in the first time on the sand and in the ocean (or Gulf as was our case). Neither D.or I had been back to Galveston since Hurricane Ike devastated it nearly a year ago, so I wasn't sure if this experience would be very pleasant. However, I had read that it actually looked better than before since they were redoing the beaches.

So, with one grandmother in tow and another meeting us there with a blond-haired similar looking cousin to Gavin, we set off. When we got there, the beaches did indeed look better.


I love these next pictures of Gavin and D.'s feet together.




Ayden was so sweet to give Gavin a kiss on the cheek, but what was so funny to us is that Gavin reached right out to give a kiss back. Yes, Gavin is in just his diaper. I specifically remember asking D. if I should pack a swimsuit with all of the many other things I packed for the day. The response I got was "no" because we were only going to be on the beach for a few minutes before eating. First, the water was coming in too high, so off with the shorts and then when he started playing in the sand, we wanted to save the rest of his clothes. I'm not sure why because we had tons of other clothes for Gavin in the car, but I think I wanted him to stay in the outfit that went with his hat featured in later pictures.


After a fun time at the beach, we went to eat at the Rainforest Cafe.

I was a little worried that all of the lifelike animals would frighten Gavin, but he seemed okay with it all. We sat by the very friendly and hungry elephants. Ayden and Gavin were having a ball.

Actually, we were all pretty happy especially when they brought out the Volcano, a two brownie, ice cream and whipped topping decadent birthday treat. This pic of Gav is pretty priceless.


On the way, home Gavin conked out pretty fast. I think he had a good birthday.

Thank you Me Me and Nonna for making it so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment