Thursday, June 25, 2009

Heritage

Today could be called "great." I gave Gavin his first butterfly kiss and he laughed each time. He has been practicing clapping his hands and he crawled through my legs like a tunnel. In fact, I'm not ashamed to say that we had a crawling race. That little guy is fast! We even got caught in a thunderstorm coming out of the store. I didn't mind since we haven't had rain in over a month. That little man also did the sweetest thing this week. I was showing him pictures of our family and when I asked where Momma was in the picture, he turned to me and gave me the biggest kiss. He's a smart one!

Last night, we had the pleasure of celebrating D.'s grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary. These don't come often anymore. I can attest to that because I could only find one 60th anniversary card in all of the stores I searched through. They are the sweetest, most well-dressed couple you'll ever meet. In the nearly ten years I've known D., they've always made me feel like family. They look just as good now, as they did then.

The funniest thing about the whole evening, is that the guests of honor were late. It was a surprise party, so we really can't blame them. The "plan" was for them to come back home after Wednesday evening church and be surprised. Well, everyone including those who also went to church that night, were at my in-law's house wondering where they were. However, they had decided to do a little shopping. Here's a picture of my watch I took to commemorate that part of the evening, but it's kind of one of those, wouldn't understand unless you were there, funny instances.


D. and I are blessed with such godly parents and grandparents. In fact, my grandparents will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary this year, and both of our parents have been married for 36 years. I'm going to have a lot of planning to do the year both sets celebrate their 50th anniversary! It's well worth it though to have the examples of their marriages before us.

For D.'s grandparents, I made them a family tree. I have my sewing machine I received for Mother's Day this year, but until I learn to use it, it was hand sewing for me. I think it turned out pretty good, although I wish there was something different I could have done with the leaves. Maybe I'll think of something if I choose to do another one with the leftover fabric I have.


Here are my two men looking very dashing that night.

And I even got in some quite snuggling time with Gavin. He only sat still because he was so tired.

Me Me- it was a really wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment