Sunday, July 12, 2009

Digging to China

Things haven't changed. When Gavin used to sleep in our room up until he was about 3 months old, we would hear all sorts of noises from him. He would kick his feet back and forth in his cradle making these scratching sounds. We thought he might be trying to dig a hole to the other end of the Earth. When we moved him to his baby bed, he would continue to move around constantly. It was like he was a puppy dog, trying to find just the right spot to rest. I do feel sorry for babies since they are not supposed to have anything in their bed. We eventually gave him his Mr. Rabbit pillow which he still loves. Before that, he made due with resting his head on the bumper pads.

Well, last night D. was working late and Gavin woke up crying. This hardly ever happens that he wakes up in the middle of the night, but call it loneliness or being tired, I put Gavin in bed with me. Let me say it again- things haven't changed. That little boy was all over the place. I had a leg in my stomach, an arm by my eye and at one point I was worried he was going to roll off a king sized bed. He would wake up, adjust his pillow, shift to one side, roll to the other. There were probably even some Olympic committee approved gymnastic moves thrown in for good measure. I really do feel sorry for his wife one day, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised he moves so much. I don't think I'll ever forget those wonderful miracle-of-life kicks in the ribs during my pregnancy!

I don't have pictures of this rumpus event from last night, but I do have one of him holding Mr. Rabbit pre-bedtime and a few from our trip to the park yesterday.




2 comments:

  1. Cousin Ayden is so very proud of Gavin finally driven a car. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Jake sleeps like a bull in a china cabinet. He slept with us when we were staying in a hotel during Ike...could not wait to get back home just to put him back to his bed. He wanted to get right up next to me until I had moved away enough times that I had no more bed left! To the other side of the bed I go!

    ReplyDelete