Saturday, July 18, 2009

Surf and Turf

Gavin and I went to the beach this week. Actually we went twice, but I only have pictures from one day. There are some really cute pictures on my phone from the second day, but I'll have to figure out how to transfer them to my computer.

It was his second time to the beach and I think he's getting the hang of it. I'll be honest, I'm not too crazy about having sand everywhere and I would much rather be in fresh or chlorinated water, but once I see and hear the waves crashing to shore, all is well.

It was especially pleasant yesterday when my little buddy took an hour nap in my arms while I got to people watch. I think I would have made the day without getting sunburned except that the sun was peeking in through our umbrella during that time and so I have a nice red strip down one side of my leg.

When I take Gavin down to the water, the part he seems to enjoy the most is sitting between my legs in the shallow water as the waves come by. He got really excited about one wave and was laughing until the next wave came by and splashed water in his face. He was a little more cautious from then on out.

Just look at those cheeks.

Despite being covered in sand, only once did I see him attempt to put a sand covered hand to his mouth.

This is just one of the many crabs that kept popping up out of holes in the sand and then going back down again. I think one threw something one time.



Gavin kept trying to put my sunglasses on and this is about as far as he got.

And not long after we left, he fell fast asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment