Monday, July 6, 2009

Water Polo on the 4th

We had a grand ol' time celebrating Independence Day with the family. Although Gavin is already a year old it was his first time to go swimming. You can see the hesitation in his face when Grand daddy was first holding him in the pool.


But he soon got the hang of it. Maybe it was me singing him the Rubber Ducky song like when I give him a bath.

Eventually, he was splashing me and everyone one else in a four foot radius with water.

If you followed the blog recently, you would have already read about the braided horse-capade. Well, Me Me found another horse and this one, although at least twice as big, has twice as much heart. And no braids! Gavin actually took to this horse and didn't want to get off. It was so funny to see him puff out his chest and curl his lip in with excitement.

After a feast that would put Martha Stewart to shame, we headed over to my parents' house to meet Martha's twin Nonna. She fed us well, and we gave Mr. Man a bath. He has sweetly started trying to feed me when he's eating. I guess he thought since he had a cup in the bath tub, it was the perfect opportunity to feed me imaginary food.

We had planned on heading home before it was dark, but it was nice to see all of the fireworks going off at night as we drove down the freeway. Thanks to everyone for such a memorable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment