Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Whys Have It

I'm not one to question things too much, but would rather go with the flow. I have my own opinions of course. I just like to figure them out myself. Well, today I was caught asking "why" a whole lot. Case in point- why did I have to break another glass bottle for the second time this week when I probably haven't broken anything glass in two plus years? And why did it happen now when my son is crawling all over the place and wants to follow me from room to room? Oh, and here's another one. Why did previously mentioned son have to cry basically nonstop from 5 to 8 p.m. this evening? Or why did I need to stay on hold for an hour and a half waiting to speak with someone from customer service to have them finally pick up during the first thirty minutes of my son's wailing session? And lastly, why did I have to lose my earring in Target and not find it even after I retraced all of my steps?

I caught myself saying this is the worst day. But is it really? Did anyone I know die? Was anyone hurt? Isn't my family all healthy and protected from illness or disease? So, am I just in saying it was the worst day? Probably not. In the moment was I not frustrated? Well that's a resounding YES! But, I know I have hope. I have hope for a new tomorrow. I have hope that my son will stop throwing his food on the ground and eat something other than cheese or chicken. And I have hope that I will not break anymore glass because we are only using plastic from here on out.

Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment