Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Valentines

D and I decided to celebrate Valentines a little early this year. Come to think of it, we always try to celebrate on a day other than Valentines. Nothing says love like being able to walk right in to a restaurant without waiting in line. My parents graciously agreed (asked) to watch Gavin and Little Miss went with us. She was a great third wheel though. Very quiet as long as she was fed or in her car seat.

When we dropped off Gavin, I thought it would be fun to have mine and D's picture taken in front of my parents' fireplace like we used to do so many years back. Seeing as we have been together since I was a senior in high school, there are quite a few photos taken there.


This time, our photo included a few extra peeps. Gavin's expression cracks me up!


D and I both agreed that it was probably our favorite Valentines. I think it just barely beat out the time he hid in my closet at my parent's house my freshman year of college. He had arranged my room with flowers and candles and all sorts of sweet surprises with the best part being a large cross he painted for me. This Valentines was just as sweet, partly due to a much needed date and we got to partake in some of our old and now new favorite places.

However, my idea for a fun-filled, creative Valentine's Day this morning did not go exactly as planned. Ava is still wanting to eat every two hours during this growth spurt and last night she refused to go to sleep before 2 am and that was only because I rocked her in the chair until we both crashed. I was one tired mama this morning. However, I'm hoping this evening will be a little more celebratory.

Brother and sister did help me get into the holiday spirit when they poised (tried to stay propped) in their Valentinesey pajamas.

I thought it was funny how their hands are the same in the next picture.


Gavin told me I was his cutie pie this morning. My heart just about melted.


This past weekend we took some pictures of them dressed up for the grandparents. Hopefully they won't read this before they get those said pictures. If so, Nee Nee/Poppy and Me Me/Granddaddy, please act surprised.



Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment