Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thankfully Joyous Thursday Week #6

Well, this will be the last official Thankfully Joyous post, but in all regards, I hope that next year, I remember to always be Thankfully Joyous. For this week, I am thankfully joyous for all that has taken place in 2009, but also for a new year. Look out 2010!

To say that 2009 wasn't adventurous, challenging, full of hard decisions, new experiences and always lots of smiles would be an understatement.

I'm sad and happy that Gavin has gone from being a baby to a little boy in the blink of and eye. It's sad because it's happening all to soon, but we're so abundantly blessed to witness this transformation. Parenthood is not without its challenges, but the rewards are so satisfyingly awesome. There have been first crawls, first steps, first tantrums, first busted lips, first birthdays and first words- each of which I am thankfully joyous.

We've had our share of rough roads and foggy pathways, but I'm even thankful for those. Without them, there wouldn't be growth. And the more I get older, the more I'm pretty sure I'm okay with change. I've realized that the joy lies in the challenge and newness that come with it. I'm hoping that 2010 will be a year of enlightenment into why we've felt called to make the decisions we have in 2009. Though it hasn't been easy, I've firmly believed that God has a plan for our lives and isn't going to leave us stranded.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecclesiastes 3:1

We're leaving behind an interesting season called 2009 and are looking forward to what lies head in 2010. But before I say adieu to this past year, here's a look back at some of the highlights.

Valentine's Day

The Rodeo

The Zoo

International Festival featuring Ireland

Astros Game

Gavin's First Birthday

Shuttle Launch and Landing in Florida

Disney World (although someone doesn't look very joyous. And yes, all of our pictures in front of the castle look like this.)

Dave's Gallery Opening

Gavin's Baby Dedication

Dressed as Yard Decorations for Halloween

State Fair

Pumpkin Patch at the Dallas Arboretum

Christmas

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment