Monday, June 7, 2010

School's Out for the Summer

I had all intentions of posting this yesterday. I mean, I'm out for the summer; I'm not doing anything right? Wrong! After unpacking from our mini trip (more on that later), doing about six loads of laundry, reading The Very Busy Spider, and cleaning out the fridge with help from my mini companion, the first day of summer proved to be busy. It was a good kind of busy though.

This is how we started the day. Mr. Man showed off his bouncing and falling skills when I got him up. I think he was excited to see me, but he was asking for "Da" wondering where D was. Here's a series of Gavin's morning playtime.
One thing I learned is that I can still squeeze in tight spaces. Gavin thinks it's a fun game to run away when I'm trying to get him. Sometimes it's okay to play chase, but not when it's nap time. Today I had to crawl under the table and pull him out.

Someone recently asked me if I had plans for the summer. My answer was, "Not really." But just because I don't have any exciting vacation plans, doesn't mean that there isn't something I have on my mind to do every day. There's some not so fun things like grocery shopping today. Although Gavin made it a little more interesting by accessorizing before we left.

And then the more exciting activities that I'm hoping Gavin and I get to do - zoo trips, art projects and I know the grandparents are wanting us to swing by their offices.

Oh, and there's this little thing called Gavins' 2nd birthday that I'm trying to get ready. That should keep me busy for the next couple of weeks.

By the way, this picture reminds me of another picture we took of Gavin nearly two years ago.
It's one of my favorite pictures of him taken on the day we brought him home.
That couldn't have possibly been two years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment