Thursday, June 17, 2010

Two Whole Years

Pinch me. I must be dreaming because Gavin can't possibly be two years old already. My little boy with the squishy cheeks and bigger than life personality has made such an impression on our lives that it's like he's always been here.

Gavin Liam, the night you breathed your first breathe was storybook magic. Under the full moon we held you for the first time. There were so many firsts for your wet behind the ears parents, but I have to say I think we all survived that first year fairly well.
This past year has been mostly nothing but fun. To borrow a phrase from Mary Poppins, you have a "cheery disposition" about 97 percent of the time. And those other times, well, it mostly has to do with your need to have things a certain way. However, I can't help but love that you have to make sure all of the doors are closed and the chairs pushed in. I just thought I would have another year or two before you got picky about what you wear. You usually don't go anywhere without a hat.
We're constantly playing chase or ball with you. And it's so sweet to see your love for animals especially Toni dog although I'm not always sure they like it when you point (poke) out their eyes for them. You still have a love for books and lately you like reading them to us. I think you may be speaking another language when you read.
I can't believe how much you have grown, learned and changed in two quick as a blink years.
You are pure joy and I know that kind of blessing could only come from God. Happy Birthday little boy.
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment