Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Eight Years

This picture is a moment frozen in time, but I think it perfectly captures the relationship D and I have. The photo obviously portrays affection and sincerity, but there's more that may not be seen by the naked eye. See, in the past eight years D and I have been married, I have had the absolute privilege of being in a partnership that embodies friendship, compassion, helpfulness, thoughtfulness, sacrifice, listening skills, patience, truthfulness, grace, and lots of love. There's no doubt we have had hard times or have been frustrated with each other, but I've learned that even those times have helped us become a better couple. Although nothing could help us more than God's grace. I love this man more than life itself. Thank you my dear husband for making each day so special. I love you.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined together to strengthen each other in all labor, to minister to each other in all sorrow, to share with each other in all gladness, to be one with each other in the silent unspoken memories? - George Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment