Sunday, July 31, 2011

17 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 17 Weeks

Size of Baby: About 5.1 inches - the size of an onion - and weighs around 5.9 ounces.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 3 pound loss; Well, I ended up losing the pound I gained last week plus two more this week. It may be do to the extra exercise mentioned in the previous post. I've now lost the same amount I did when pregnant with Gavin, eight pounds total, so I expect I'll probably be on the gain wagon about now.

Maternity Clothes: Maternity shorts and capris; the rest are regular clothes.

Gender: Our big appointment is this week!

Movement: Definitely felt some movement this week mostly at night when I'm still enough to notice those tiny flurries. I had a salad one night and went to do some computer work. I ended up getting really hungry a few hours later and ate half of what I had left of my salad. Well, an hour later I was still hungry, so I finished off the salad. I think sweet pea was saying "thank you" because that's when I felt all sorts of movement.

Sleep: I am still needing those naps. I can only sleep on my stomach if I do a slight leg hike.

What I miss: Caffeine!

Cravings: Maybe soup? We've had it a couple of times this week. I do notice I am hungrier at night.

Best Moment of the Week: Feeling little bit move! I was also thinking back to the 17th week when I was pregnant with Gavin. It was this same time that we found out we were having a boy and I felt Mr. Gavin move. Hard to believe that was three and a half years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment