Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful For Family Traditions

Yesterday we commenced on the annual Making of the Dressing for my side of the family. It's a tradition that has happened for as long as I can remember. I am so thankful for the new additions to this annual treasure and miss those that can't always be there.

Because nothing is measured, there are always debates over how much salt, poultry seasoning, chicken stock, and eggs need to go in. Spoons are passed around for taste testing (although I'm not a big fan and usually decline). And, there's always, always a big helping of laughs to go around.

Another family tradition that I cherish, are our trips to the pumpkin patch that we started when Gavin was a baby.


Nee and Poppy joined us this time.


Gavin picked his pumpkin right away and carried it everywhere right up until it was time to pay for it. He then did a last minute switch.


D and I also found our pumpkins.


Gavin decided he wanted a closer look at my pumpkin.


And since our first trip to the pumpkin patch, I have had this thing about taking his picture with his feet next to a pumpkin.


Either the pumpkins are shrinking or his feet are humongous.

Happy Thanksgiving from our family~

No comments:

Post a Comment