Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful for the Word

So I didn't exactly get on the thankful bandwagon like I saw so many of my Facebook friends do, but I thought since Thanksgiving was a week away (can it be true?) that I would post (or at least try to post) a blog each day of what I am thankful for.

Today, the first thing that popped into my mind was God's Word. I am truly blessed to have grown up with it in my life, but not until the past six months or so can I say that it has been something that I feel like I can not live without. Hmmm, maybe it has to deal with the trials we have gone through. It's been amazing to see how various things I have been reading or the part time editing that I do have tied into my daily Bible reading.

I still feel like I have so much further to go in terms of really ingesting what I am reading and having it placed on my heart, but for now I am enjoying this bit of daily reading. As I am finishing up on the one year Bible, that I admit has taken me two years to do, I am hoping that next year I can take smaller sections and truly let them soak in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment