Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful for My Husband

A lot has changed in the nearly twelve years since I met my husband, even how much I love him. It's even more than on the day I married him. Just this weekend we got to live out some of those marriage vows, especially the "in sickness and in health" part. Boy, were both of us sick from what we think was food poisoning. But even being as sick as he was, he still tried to take care of me and single-handedly got Gavin ready for bed. He even went as far as wrapping some presents we needed to take to the church, all the while tying to take as much care with them as I would.


And while I am so thankful for his new job, I truly treasured those two months we had both being home together. No one else makes me smile, laugh or feel as taken care of as this man. He is amazing with Gavin and I know of a certain to-be-born little girl that will be adored by her daddy.



This goof ball of a man gets me out of my comfort zone yet keeps me grounded. He's the right-sided partner to my left-sided brain. And without getting too gushy, he's the only one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment